When it comes to investing in effective health and safety management, it is worth remembering that any failings can be costly. In recent times, the legal landscape has changed with significant impact across the industry leading to increased penalties and enforcement. It is now even more important for organisations to ensure the correct systems and controls are in place to provide a safer working environment. Effective Software are hosting an event featuring several expert speakers discussing the impact and future effects of the changing legal landscape and exploring the ever-changing role senior management plays in health and safety leadership.
Registration & Refreshments
Presentation: What Has Been The Real Impact?
- Increased Fines – what’s the new cost of non-compliance?
- Is the appeals process becoming more “appealing”.
- Your duty of care – have the changes impacted on how companies assess and deal with hazards in the workplace.
Refreshments & Email Break
Presentation: What Can We Expect In The Future?
- Will fines and sanctions continue to rise?
- Are the lawyers getting paid- will the appeals process drag court cases out even further?
- Have the changes to the legal landscape shifted focus on compliance and duty of care?
- The legal perspective on risk identification - how important is the promotion of active hazard reporting?
- Potential legal impact of Brexit?
- I’m guilty – if you’re negligent then it pays to own up. Is the Fee for Intervention an admission of guilt?
Refreshments & Email Break
Panel Discussion: Transforming Health & Safety From A Cost Centre To Value Centre
- Moving the needle from cost to value – how do you secure investment for the safety function from the board.
- How to measure and communicate return on investment to the board
- The importance of a positive safety culture, moving past the finger wagging to an engaged and empowered workforce.
AFTERNOON CUSTOMER WORKSHOP
Following a lunch break, we will also be hosting our Customer Workshop from 2pm. This will give you the opportunity to talk to our Customer Success team one-to-one and network with other system users to exchange common practice and share some ideas.
DATE & TIME FOR EVENT
October 5th 2017.
Conference: Doors open at 8:30am with tea and coffee, conference begins at 9:30am sharp and finishes at approximately 12:30pm.
Lunch: 12:30pm - 14:00pm
Customer Workshop: The afternoon customer workshop will commence at 14:00pm and finish at 16:00pm
Hilton Birmingham Metropole - Directions to venue
Register For Health & Safety In A Changing Legal Landscape Conference
If you would like to discuss how our health and safety software solution can can help your company, why not request a demonstration.
We will also be available to discuss our comprehensive list of safety software modules including:
- Incident/Hazard Reporting Software
- Audit Management Software
- Risk Assessment Software
- Training Management Software
- Contractor Management Software
- Plant Management Software
- PPE Management Software
- DSE Management Software
- Chemical Management Software
- CoSHH Management Software
- Method Statement Software